A. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The type of Information submitted to or collected by Fraud.net varies depending upon the nature of the activity and relationship with Fraud.net.
- Browsing the Website: When You browse the company's website, Fraud.net may collect information regarding the domain and host from which You access the Internet, the Internet Protocol address of the computer or Internet Service Provider You are using, and anonymous site statistical data. This information is collected for the purpose of assessing the effectiveness of the company's website and for security reasons.
- Inquiries: The website contains various forms, links to company e-mail addresses, and fax numbers that You may use to solicit information about the website, Fraud.net services, and the company in general. When You complete and submit a form, send us an e-mail, send us a fax, or contact us by telephone, Fraud.net may store the inquiries and their contents, including any personally identifiable information You may have provided. Any personally identifiable information You submit via an inquiry is collected only with Your knowledge and active participation.
- Use of Services: When You register to use Fraud.net ("Services"), You will be required to provide personally identifiable information and to enter into a written agreement with Fraud.net. If You ordered any products or services from businesses that use our Services ("Fraud.net Customers"), You were required to submit personally identifiable information ("Order Information"). Fraud.net Customers transmit Order Information to Fraud.net for the purpose of processing Orders. Order Information is maintained in servers located within the U.S.A. and may also be maintained in servers located in Europe or Asia, depending on where the order originates or the geographic location of a Fraud.net Customer. Fraud.net may maintain Order Information for a certain period of time to comply with audits, legal requirements, or for disaster recovery purposes.
- Applying for a Fraud.net Account: When You submit an application to obtain a Fraud.net account, You will be required to provide personally identifiable information. Furthermore, Fraud.net may also obtain information about You from third party sources, including, without limitation, consumer reporting agencies.
- Notice for European Users: The Data Protection Act puts obligations on users of personal information and sets forth principles for its use. One principle states that information must be processed fairly and lawfully. This means that You are entitled to know how we intend to use any information You provide. You can then decide whether You want to give personal information to us. The Data Protection Act does not generally apply to data about limited companies or partnerships, but it does cover personal data relating to sole traders and partnerships. When we receive an application from a business, we may perform a search with a credit reference agency and fraud prevention agency on the individual company directors or partners. Order Information provided by You to Fraud.net Customers and any Information that You provide to Fraud.net directly will be transferred outside of the European Union to the United States. By providing personal information to Fraud.net Customers or us, You are consenting to the transfer of such information outside of the EU and to its storage and use as described herein.
B. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Usage and disclosure of Your Information varies based on Your relationship with Fraud.net. Fraud.net never sells any personally identifiable information and, except as expressly set forth below, never discloses personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- Browsing the Website: Information collected while You're browsing our website may be used to analyze trends, administer the website, improve site performance, gather broad demographic information, and for security purposes. Such Information may be disclosed to third parties to provide any of the aforementioned activities on behalf of Fraud.net.
- Inquiries: If you submit an inquiry via online form, e-mail, fax, or telephone call, the information collected may be used by Fraud.net to respond to Your inquiry or to contact You to inform You of Fraud.net services. Information collected during the course of an inquiry will not be disclosed to any third party unless such third party has been contracted by Fraud.net, with obligations of confidentiality, to contact You on our behalf.
- Use of Fraud.net Services: If You are a Fraud.net Customer, Fraud.net will use Your Information during the course of providing You with the Services. During the course of providing such services, Fraud.net may disclose Your Information to third parties that have contracted with Fraud.net to perform certain functions of the Services on our behalf ("Subcontractors"). Fraud.net may also use Your Information to contact You about other Fraud.net offerings and to inform You about general company news and industry trends, directly or through the use of third party vendors. Fraud.net may also use Your Information for internal business analyses. If You are a customer of a Fraud.net Customer, Fraud.net will use Order Information during the course of providing processing services to such Fraud.net Customer. Fraud.net may also use Order Information at an aggregate level for internal business analyses and fraud prevention. During the course of providing Services to Fraud.net Customers, Fraud.net may disclose Order Information to banks, processors, card associations, and other financial institutions that are involved in the course of processing or screening the transaction applicable to the Order Information.
- Applying for a Fraud.net Account: If You apply for an account from Fraud.net, Fraud.net may use and disclose the Information to evaluate Your eligibility for a fraud prevention account, including disclosure to consumer reporting agencies, relevant financial institutions, and other entities involved in providing the fraud prevention account services. Fraud.net may also use and disclose Your Information during the course of providing or procuring on Your behalf the fraud prevention account services. Fraud.net may also use Your Information to contact You, directly or through a third party vendor, about other Fraud.net offerings and to inform You about general company news and industry trends. Fraud.net may also use Your Information for internal business analyses.
- Surveys and Questionnaires: If You submitted an inquiry to Fraud.net or if You are a Fraud.net Customer, periodically, Fraud.net may use Your Information to contact You, directly or through a third party vendor, to complete a survey or questionnaire. Responses to any such survey or questionnaire may be used for internal business analyses and may be disclosed in aggregate form without disclosing Your personally identifiable information.
- Confidentiality Obligations: All contracts entered into between Fraud.net and Fraud.net Customers, Fraud.net and Subcontractors, and Fraud.net and other third party service providers contain express provisions governing the confidential treatment of any and all personally identifiable information.
- Investigations and Proceedings: Fraud.net may use Information to conduct internal investigations. Fraud.net may disclose Information to cooperate with an investigation by law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities and may also disclose Information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other comparable legal processes.
C. INFORMATION SECURITY
Fraud.net is committed to privacy and security. Examples of Fraud.net's security measures include: physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards; sophisticated security monitoring tools; documented security policies; use of strong encryption for transmissions of Order Information to and from Fraud.net Customers; restricting access to personally identifiable information; and, periodic security audits by third party security experts.
D. CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
If You want Fraud.net to correct Your Information that is stored on Fraud.net systems, please submit Your request in writing to:
Attn: Legal Department
330 7th avenue
New York, NY 10001
Subject to our ability to verify Your request, Fraud.net will correct the Information within thirty (30) days of receipt of Your request.